Well, four weeks have passed in a flash and it's time to go home. Of course I miss home and everyone there, but I will miss everyone here. If I had done what I planned I would have gone to the airport 24 hours late! I leave on Tuesday, May 22nd, but I have to go to the airport Monday night due to the fact that my flight leaves at 1:15am. So, fortunately I questioned how I could get to Denver Tuesday afternoon when I was thinking I left Qatar Tuesday night. I don't know how I could have gotten this so wrong, but we averted disaster.
Anna and Sarah are so sweet. I am grateful for the opportunity to spend almost a month with them. I am impressed with Craig and Becky as parents. They sure have a better handle on things that I did at their age! They have a hectic few months in front of them with a new baby and a move to S. Korea. They couldn't have been more kind or thoughtful. Brian and I have such a fantastic family!! Thanks for everything, Craig and Becky.
Seeing Doha was so interesting. It's so different being in a country that is 95% Muslim. It is so different being in a country that is 100% desert! I am sure that it will take some time for me to process it all. This is a country of great contrasts; poverty and wealth, ancient and modern, familiar and strange. So, on to that miserably long flight. Hope my buns don't hurt as badly as they did on the way here. I was calling it Boeing Butt, but since I will be on an Airbus, it will have to be Airbus A_s.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment