Friday, November 2, 2007

Barbie Cake


Raisa turned 4 on October 19th, and we made a Barbie cake! I made a white cake mix and added strawberry jello mix to make it pink. I made two cake mixes...... baked one in a batter bowl and the other one I made an 8" round and 36 mini cupcakes. The cupcakes we took to school for Raisa's class on thursday. I froze the bowl cake and the round to make the Barbie.
Mom helped me decorate the cake the day before Raisa's birthday. We bought fondant and died it pink. It was rolled out and then draped over the round that I had frosted with pink frosting. We made a bodice for the Barbie "pick" out of the fondant and finished it off with white dots of fondant and more frosting. Raisa loved it! We had a "princess tea party" with our neighbor and her little girl. I made heart shape scones, pink cream cheese heart tea sandwiches, cucumber and cream cheese butterfly sandwiches, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fondant - I am totally impressed!
-Karyn