Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day Out with Nanny




A few weeks ago Owen and Raisa received an invite in the mail to go out with Nanny. It said that she would take us out to lunch and to the Tattered Cover Book Store to buy a new book. They were both soooo excited. The invite also stated that they should dress up. Remember when going out to lunch was something special and you dressed up for it? I remember going to the May Company tea room with my grandma and Mommy. I dressed up and Grandma let me make "lemonade"with her ice tea lemon, water and sugar. I am sure that I made a HUGE mess, but she did not seem to care! I even remember one time we took the bus downtown and went to the Denver Dry department store for lunch. We had so much fun. Today was a flashback to those days when I was a little girl. We met Mom and went to lunch at a restaurant called "Snooze" in downtown Denver. The kids had strawberry pancakes with vanilla anglaise. They LOVED it. We then went to the Tattered Cover Lo Do store and spent a while in the kids section. Nanny bought them each two new books. I decided that since it was 20 degrees out it was the perfect day to go out for gelato...... so after a bit of shopping we went to Parisi and the kids and Nanny had gelato!! Yummo!

No comments: