
Uncle Karl volunteered to take our photo so he is not pictured here. Too bad I do not know how to "photo shop"! We enjoyed a delicious lasagna dinner prepared by Mom, Karen and Lori. After a quick clean up, we sang a rousing rendition of Rudolph, followed by our traditional Silent Night. We exchanged LOTS of great presents, had LOTS of fun, and really missed our family that could not be with us. We ended the festivities with yummy baked goods that Opa baked and a web chat with Craig and Becky. That web cam is so amazing.... I feel like I am on an episode of the "Jetson's"! Scott had to park the van across 72nd due to all the snow in the street in front of Opa's house. So, after retrieving the van, loading all the presents, and the kids, we drove out to Golden. We planned on meeting at the bottom of the canyon where we were going to get into Dad's truck and Ross' Audi as we were worried about the three feet of snow at Mom and Dad's house. When we got to Golden though both kids had fallen asleep and the roads really did not look that bad, so, I decided to go for it and drive up. Dad lead the caravan with me driving in the middle and then Ross. The Dodge van did great and we made it all the way up with out any assistance. I actually really liked driving through the snow...... it was fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment